Yet another mouthwatering recipe by @adelineseo, a keto compliant version of one of my favourite sandwiches, the Philly Cheese Steak! The use of Focaccia really shows how creative and free you can be with the keto bread mix base!
||~ 70 minutes
- Caramelised onions
- Cheddar and Mozarella cheese
1) Bake your Focaccia bread (25 min +)
2) Pan fry the steak (5 min cooking + 10 min cooling)
- Use Bakening Keto Bread Mix as a base. Add herbs of choice.
- I added minced garlic, rosemary, thyme, basil, parsley and parmesan.
3) Caramelise the onions (20 min)
- I usually make extra for dinner and use leftovers the next day.
- Choose your beef cut of choice. I prefer grass-fed black Angus ribeye or wagyu. But you can use leaner cuts.
4) To finally prepare the Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich (5-10 min)
- Cut onions into stripe. Melt butter in pan and add onions. Cook until soft and colour changes to golden brown
- Add salt
- Optionals which I add on - red wine vinegar & erythritol/monkfruit sweetener. The vinegar makes it sour so the sweetener balances it out.
- Slice the focaccia, stuff in steak slices and caramelised onions.
- Top with shredded cheddar and mozarella.
- Bake to melt the cheese
For more inspiration and ideas, check out other recipes at our Bakening Studio Blog! Tag #bakeningstudio and @bakening.co for a chance to be featured next and receive $5 discount promo code for your creativity!